This worked for me, i can’t guarantee it’ll work for you
My company uses Cisco Jabber for their chat and softphone client. I noticed that the new 10.5 client running on Windows 8 allows spellcheck. Since my spelling is not exactly excellent, i found this to be a wanted feature. However it seems that my company did not have it enabled by default in the backend. Here is how to change it for your client.
- Close Jabber if it is running.
- Browse to C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\Cisco Jabber
- Open the “jabber-config-defaults.xml” file.
- Add <userconfig name=”spell_check_enabled” value=”TRUE”/> to the <!–Options –> section of the file.
- Save the file. (I had to change permissions to the jabber folder to allow my user to save there)
- Open Jabber. You will now the the red “squiggly” line when you spell poorly, and are able to right-click for options.